Hello friends,I'm writing this post because it seems only fitting that after 42 posts about our travels, all written by Beth, that I should thank her with a post of my own.
Beth was the greatest race car passenger that I could ever have hoped for. She took turns driving, iPhoned us places to eat, loaded addresses into the TomTom before I could throw it out the window, and told you all the story of our trip so it felt like everyone was with us.
I helped a little in the beginning, coming up with one liners and funny pics for the blog, but she was the master storyteller that had you checking for updates in the mornings, and then calling my Mom when no update had been made(Carol Hangey). She did an awesome job with this thing, and for that I am thankful. What started as a little part of our trip, turned into something bigger than we both could've imagined. People we didn't even know were reading up on how we were doing, because it was FUNNY.

Did you guys know Beth was this funny? I only new she was a little funny, not real funny. She had ME cracking up about things we had already done, jokes that had already been laughed at, and on the edge of my seat talking about ME driving in Utah. I was there. I shouldn't have been so amazed. But I was.
Throughout this entire trip, we never once screamed at each other. We didn't really even fight. Oh, she did scream at me once, but it was "RAVINE!!!" as the truck was sliding towards said ravine.
She is an excellent camper. After only three days into the camping part of the trip, she could break down camp while I was in the shower, and have it all packed in the truck and ready to go. She also could set up camp while I was building the fire. She didn't complain about bugs, or being dirty, or being hot or cold. She enjoyed every minute of it.At least I think she did, she never told me otherwise.
She's proud of her camping skillzzzuh. I'm proud of her too.
She was also ready to party the entire trip. I took more naps than she did. But she would be right by my side at the bar for as long as we could stand. At least she could stand, there were some nights where I couldn't stand. Not well, anyways.
Beth, we had the adventure of our lives, and I'm so glad I got to share it with you. I'm glad I get to share the rest of our adventures with you too, I just need to build up some more vacation time first.
Love you hun.
P.S.- I totally see what you mean about the spacing thing after inserting pics. It is effing obnoxious. What a pain in the ass. Oh well, at least the blog is free.

Lucky Beth.
ReplyDeleteMom