Trip Advisor rates the Days Inn Graceland as the #1 hotel to stay in around Graceland and the #5 hotel in all of Memphis.
We have determined that this is not saying much for the hospitality industry in Memphis, TN. If you are in this business, you should consider opening something up around Graceland, as it would appear you will have little competition.
This sign is right outside our Days Inn. This quote is actually all over the place, and after visiting Graceland, I think Lennon may have been on to something.
Anyway, before we went out in Memphis, we hit up Marlowe's Barbeque -- purportedly the #1 place to go for Memphis-style ribs. Mike got a half rack and I got pulled pork.
First of all, both were too fatty. There was also no sauce on the table, which I find unacceptable. I had to ask for more sauce to put on my pork. Overall, it was kind of a let down. We got a sausage appetizer, and, actually, that was the best meat we consumed at Marlowe's.
So, the winner of the Memphis vs. St. Louis Rib Tasting Tour is...
Saint Louis!
Scottie, you were an excellent St. Louis barbeque ambassador. Pappy's was far superior to Marlowe's. Although neither were as good as Daddy D'z...



No comments:
Post a Comment